Striking force of aircraft
Air squadrons enjoy unrivaled attack capability: promptly reaching the target, they can destroy it with scores of bombs and torpedoes.
Carrier-borne aircraft effectively detect enemy ships, preventing unexpected breakthroughs and ambushes.
Unlimited range of attack
Aircraft's operational range is long enough to deliver strikes to any spot on the game map.
- Use a combination of different aircraft types to deliver strikes. First deploy your fighters to intercepts enemy ones and reconnoiter the environment. Then commit your bombers (ideally, approach the target ship from her bow or stern) or torpedo bombers (best to attack from both sides of the ship). That way you will grip the enemy in a vice, and no matter where the ship turns, she will be hit by at least one air group.
- Keep away from the center of the battle. But sitting out at the edge of the map isn't the best thing either, as your air groups will require extra flight time, and your aircraft carrier might turn out helpless if an enemy ship suddenly breaks through to you. The most efficient way is to keep a step behind your team's main forces.
- Destroyers are immensely maneuverable and small, which makes them a hard target for aircraft. Don't spend your time on them, yours are large targets — battleships and aircraft carriers.
- Remember that your deck is not elastic. A landing squadron temporarily blocks the takeoff of another one.
- If your air group has been suddenly attacked by enemy fighters, you can resort to the support of your team’s warships. Head towards friendly ships and fly above them. The ships' anti-aircraft (AA) guns can get the upper hand against enemy aircraft.
- Besides fighters, avoid enemy ships with powerful AA armament. These are primarily cruisers and US battleships. But even a pair of destroyers who have coupled their efforts can shoot down a bunch of aircraft. Look for standalone targets and avoid groups of ships.
- Do not disregard air cover of own carrier: enemy reconnaissance aircraft that have detected you can then be followed by attack planes. Regularly press M to get the full picture of the battlefield and facilitate the control over squadrons.
- Use the Autopilot mode to lay the ship's course beforehand and spare your efforts on controlling the ship.